A new Little Golden Book starring Disney Junior’s The Lion Guard! This Little Golden Book retells an episode of the hit Disney Junior series The Lion Guard, in which the Pride Lands become overrun with termites! When Kion and the rest of the Guard get a late-night call that the hyenas are back, they rush into action to chase the predators away. But they accidentally chase away all the aardwolves, too—which look similar to hyenas. Now there are termites everywhere because the aardwolves aren’t around to eat them! Children ages 2 to 5 will love finding out how the Lion Guard brings the Circle of Life back into balance. The Lion Guard animated series continues the tradition of epic storytelling from The Lion King films. Every episode of The Lion Guard features a winning combination of compelling stories, relatable characters, humor, and heart.
Differences from the Episode
- Only Mjomba, Haya and Ogopa are present for most of the book. A fourth aardwolf is seen at the beginning only.
- When the bridge collapses, Kion, Beshte, Bunga and Fuli are all on the log as it breaks as opposed to just Beshte shortly before its collapse.
- The Mekundu Bats leave just as Bunga enters, not after.
- Reirei and Goigoi are about to pounce on the aardwolves after meeting them, instead of luring them in with kind words.
- Goigoi makes the announcement that none of them are leaving instead of Reirei.
- The jackals are not thrown back into their cave.
- Bunga never receives his package of bugs, since he enjoys the termites with the aardwolves instead.
- The book was originally set for release on 5th September 2017.
- At the beginning, four aardwolves are shown. But throughout the rest of the book, only Mjomba, Haya and Ogopa are seen.
- On page 20, the book refers to Haya as a female.