If you would like to make edits here, that's great! We have a few rules that all members and admins need to adhere to.
- Like many Wikis, we do not allow foul/disrespectful language here. This includes articles, blogs and wall posts. Videos containing this type of language will also be removed.
- Similarly, please be courteous to your fellow editors. If you have an edit disagreement, try to work it out with the other editor. If problems persist, seek an admin. On that note, even if an admin has made an edit which you disagree with, leave a post on their wall, along with your reason(s) as to why you believe this should be changed.
- Harassing any member is absolutely out of the question. If you have a problem with a member, contact an admin.
- Under no circumstances should you edit anyone's profile except your own.
- When adding a new page that will no doubt contain plentiful information, please add at least 3 full sentences to the article. Stubby articles are okay! But they should still have enough information to warrant a full page for them. Exceptions to this rule are short voice actor or crew member pages.
- There must be at least two articles to warrant a category for any given subject, so please avoid categories like 'Songs sung by Jasiri' until she is involved with another song.
- When adding quotes, please keep it limited to a max of 5 per episode.
- Do not spam edits to get achievements. We understand people make mistakes - we all do! But it should not take you 10 edits to a single page just to add one sentence.
- Roleplay is no longer allowed on this wiki. Your fan characters and fan episodes etc. also do not belong here. Please visit The Lion King Fanon Wiki for your roleplays.
- Before you undo or remove an edit, check that it really is necessary to do so. If it contributes to the article, it should not be removed. Consider rewording it if need be.
- If you would like to advertise a link, be it another wiki or a post or website made by you elsewhere, you may do so once.
Chat & Forum Rules
- No foul/disrespectful language is allowed here.
- If your post contains spoilers for an episode that has aired up to 3 days ago, please warn people before posting (applies to all messages in chat and starting new forum posts). Avoid using spoilers for titles.
- For chat, do not harass other members through a private message.
- Also for chat, if a user is trying to contact an admin through private message, do not ask them why. It should be of no concern to you.
- For the forums, please do not post one word sentences (like 'Oh' or 'Cool') as this can come across as spammy. The exception to this is if you're voting for something.
Article Comment Rules
- As usual, please be courteous to your fellow editors.
- Please do not insert images into the article comments. Some of our articles will get long as time goes by, and it's not helping to have other images in the comments.
What to Upload
- This is a wiki dedicated to The Lion Guard. With that in mind, please do not upload content pertaining to The Lion King, The Lion King II or The Lion King 1½. This includes screenshots, quotes and general information. The exception to this is if it is being used to compare something taken from The Lion Guard (like this):
- Likewise, characters that do not canonically exist in The Lion Guard universe should not be included (for example, Sarabi has yet to be mentioned and thus should not have an article).
- On that note, events that happened at the end of Simba's Pride are also not canon just yet (so Kovu is not Kiara's mate just yet, and this information should not be added to any article).
- If using content from another Wiki, you must use a template which links back and credits said Wiki.
- PNG files are preferred, though we do allow other file formats on the Wiki. Having said that, try to avoid BMP files, as they often take a long time to load!
- Videos that are relevant to the Wiki. Videos containing fan content must not be added to articles, and unless you're planning to add them to your own user profile or a forum post, should not be uploaded at all. Please also avoid uploading Multilanguage videos and text-based update videos for articles. Finally, please do not add the same video more than once.
- Since Disney frequently block people from outside the origin country, we recommend that you locate an alternative if possible as well (but this is not necessary).
- If you'd like to upload something for your userpage/profile that isn't related to The Lion Guard, please tag the image with 'User Image'. Images without this risk being deleted by an admin. Do not upload fanart that has not been made by yourself.
- When creating character articles, keep in mind that they must either be named in the credits or have a significant role in the episode before they can have an article.
We are a very lax Wiki, but if you are found to be breaking the rules constantly and ignoring admin warnings, we will have no choice but to issue a temporary ban. If, after that you return and continue ignoring the rules, a permanent ban will be issued. Depending on the severity of the rule break (for example, if you ignore the warning completely and immediately continue to break a rule) this can change.