The Lion Guard Magazine (some issues also known as Disney Presents The Lion Guard in the UK) is a currently ongoing monthly magazine based on The Lion Guard that has been released in several countries.
Each issue consists of 32 pages which include comics, various African animal facts, pull-out games, posters and puzzles all based on The Lion Guard and its main members. Some of the content can vary between countries, though the majority is the same.
The comics in the magazine are interactive and unique, encouraging readers to choose a path which affects the outcome of the story.
A free Lion Guard related gift is also attached to each magazine, which also vary between countries.
|98¹||The Day of the Crocodiles||26th May 2016||Sticker album, stickers & stamper set|
|99¹||N/A||30th June 2016||Craft set & sticker pack|
|1||Which Way Out?||28th July 2016||Blind Bag & 2 x Puzzles|
|2||Calf in Danger||25th August 2016||Camera & sticker pack|
|3||Janja's Prisoners||22nd September 2016||Hippo game|
|4||The Missing Ingredient||20th October 2016||Bowling Set|
|5||Hippo Springs||17th November 2016||Explorer Set|
|6||The Best Guard||15th December 2016||Lion Grabber|
|7||Let's Help Rafiki!||12th January 2017||Snap cards|
|8||Saving A Flower||9th February 2017||Bowling Set|
|9||Wildfire Emergency||9th March 2017||Drum Kit|
|10||An Enemy In Trouble||6th April 2017||Binoculars|
|11||The Night Mission||4th May 2017||Mask|
|12||A Remedy For Impatience||2nd June 2017||Random gift from previous issues|
|13||Makuu's Trap||30th June 2017||Mask² & Water Squirters|
|14||The Ancient Outpost||27th July 2017||Explorer Kit|
|15||A Test For The Guard||24th August 2017||Click camera, Puffy Stickers & random gift from previous issues|
|16||Team Play||19th October 2017||Random gift from previous issues|
¹In the UK, the magazine was originally part of the 'Disney Presents' series.
²Sainsbury's exclusive extra
|1||The Day of the Crocodiles||February 2017||Explorer Set|
|2||The Missing Ingredient||May 2017||Click Camera|
|4||A Remedy For Impatience||November 2017||Walkie Talkies|
|1||Which Way Out?||29th March 2017||Light-up Kion band|
|2||Calf in Danger||28th June 2017||Camera|
|3||Janja's Prisoners||3rd November 2017||Compass, binoculars & Golden Kion blind bag|
|1||The Day of the Crocodiles||April 2016||Ten pin bowling set|
|2||Which Way Out?||June 2016||Camera|
|3||Calf in Danger||August 2016||Pendant and badges|
|4||Janja's Prisoners||October 2016||Soft stickers|
|5||The Missing Ingredient||October 2016||Stamper set|
|1||The Day of the Crocodiles||December 2016|
- In the UK version of the magazine (Disney Presents Issue 98), Makuu's name is misspelt Makku in both the comic and the preview for the next issue. In Disney Presents Issue 99, his name is misspelt again.
- Issue 1 of the magazine was originally going to be issue 100 of the Disney Presents series. It was to come with a camera as opposed to a blind bag and puzzle set. This wound up being the next issue's free gift instead.
- On the cover of Disney Presents The Lion Guard #99, Fuli's Mark of the Guard is missing.
- In issue 2, Zuri is mistakenly spelt as Zuru.
- The preview for Issue 16 reads 21st Sept - 18th October 2017 on the ISBN code, meaning the decision to change the magazine to a bi-monthly magazine was possibly a late one.