The Ruler of the Pride Lands is the formal title given to the monarch of the Pride Lands.
The official residence of the monarch is Pride Rock, where the king or queen lives with his or her pride, as well as his or her family.
The duties of the ruler include, but are not limited to:
- Welcoming birds
- Granting gazelles their grazing grounds
- Behooving the official turaco whistles
- Guarding clearings of thistles and thorns
- Presiding over aardvark wedding rites
- Coaching mongooses on their bites
- Listening to the pleas of the zebras
- Blessing animals when they sneeze
- Assigning songbirds to their trees
- Advising confused chimpanzees
- Consoling flea-ridden giraffes
- Setting the limits on bushbuck hopping
- Judging the hippos' belly-flopping
- Considering the complaints of crocodiles
- Tenderly kissing baby porcupines
- Attending the Elephants' Concert
- Attending the Crocodile's Mashindano
- Granting animals their blessing to allow them to stay in the Pride Lands
- Presiding over the Royal Buffalo Wallow
- Presiding over the Royal Mud Print Ceremony.
- Presiding over Kupatana.
- Presiding over The Savannah Summit.
- Welcoming the apprentice to the Royal Mjuzi.
- Banishing wrongdoers.
- Making sure everyone has their own source of water during the Dry Season.
- Presiding over the Royal Mjuzi's in training's first royal painting.
Succession to the Throne
The order of succession is based on equal primogeniture, meaning inheritance by the oldest surviving child without regard to gender.
Members of the Monarchy